Mail Service:: Postfix: Recompile with MySQL support
*postfix and cyrus for Mac OS X Server is heavily integrated with OpenDirectory. Re-compiling postfix with MySQL support may break it. Because of OD, postfix will certainly not work with CyrAdm, unless Apple configures OD to recognize commands from CyrAdm*
To recompile Postfix with MySQL support, you'll need the Postfix source file, MySQL installed already, and the Developer tools installed also.
1. Dowload Postfix:
2. MySQL should already be installed. If not, do so:
3. In the downloaded Postfix source directory, edit (src/global/dict_mysql.c) by replacing (line 118):
4. cd back to the Postfix source directory's root.
5. Prepare for compilation by running:
to get rid of miscompiled objects.
6. Compile by running
make -f Makefile.init makefiles
Â Â Â Â Â 'CCARGS=-DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql'
Â Â Â Â Â 'AUXLIBS=-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm'
7. Install, as a superuser, by running:
sudo make install
If you see mysql as a feature, you have succeded.
There is a lawsuit being prepared against two major US desktop operating system companies – Microsoft and Apple. It involves the now ubiquitous notion of downloading software patches for your OS, automatically disseminating what software you need, from a central software database – Auto Updating.