- Stop Advanced Mac Cleaner from the Activity Monitor
- Delete Advanced Mac Cleaner from the Applications folder
- Delete Advanced Mac Cleaner from the User’s Login Items
- Delete the helper application from ~/Library/Application Support
- Advanced Mac Cleaner
- Mac Adware Cleaner (You will be asked to authenticate).
- Delete the Library files
- Advanced Mac Cleaner
- Mac Adware Cleaner
- Delete the Launch Agent files
- Then, return to the Library folder again (back arrow), and open the folder named Preferences. Locate all files containing the names Mac Adware Cleaner, adware, adwarecleaner or pcvark, and drag them to the Trash.
- Return to the Library folder again (back arrow), and open the folder named Logs. Locate all files containing the names Mac Adware Cleaner, hlpramc, hlprawc, and drag them to the Trash.
- Return to the Library folder again, and open the folder Saved Application State. Locate all folders containing the names pcvark or Mac Adware Cleaner, and drag them to the Trash.
- Open System Preferences > Users & Groups > select your User Account > Login Items. Select the item named Mac Adware Cleaner, and click the [-] (minus) button to delete the now nonexistent program from your Login Items.
Or, you could try out AppCleaner from FreeMacSoft.
If you’re a DirecTV subscriber and trying to watch TV shows on iOS/iPad OS/TV OS, you may have encountered an error when trying to log into DirecTV. Individual channel apps may ask you if you want to Link your TV Provider to the app and if you select “Yes”, you will be presented with a login screen for DirecTV.
Unfortunately, the API version of the login screen has some kind of error (probably an encryption mismatch) and will give you an error saying
That User ID doesn't seem to work here. Please sign in with a different ID. Care Code 205.4
You should FIRST check that you have the correct user ID and password by logging into your account page at DirecTV.com. If that works, then the problem is with the interface between your iOS device’s API and DirecTV’s auth server. You can circumvent the API by logging in via web…
You have to select a TV Provider that is not DirecTV and NOT log in. I chose AT&T U-verse then backed out of the setting screen. This will leave your TV Provider setting blank. Then when an individual channel app asks for your TV Provider info, you can select DirecTV and you will be presented with a clunky web-base login page instead of the sleek API screen.